Monday, May 19, 2008

Tagged in the "Meme Game"

I don't know why it's called the Meme Game, but if you're "tagged", you're supposed to answer some questions and tag some other people. Did I get that right? Berta Leiva tagged me, so here goes:

Berta tagged me, so it’s my turn to answer the questions in the “meme game.”

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

In May 1998 I was working, as I am now, teaching ESL at the Maryland English Institute, University of Maryland, College Park; my husband was working as maitre d’ at a country club in Bethesda, Maryland; my mother-in-law had been living with us for about six months and was recovering from a broken hip; and my daughter Vicki was in kindergarten.

2. Five things I have to do tomorrow (the question says today, but it’s bedtime so I will change it to tomorrow):
a. Attend a meeting from 9-12 to discuss our curriculum
b. Complete a faculty Survey and a Lab use survey
c. Draft a response to Mission Standard 1 for our self-study
d. That’s about all I will have time for!

3. Snacks I enjoy: dark chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, coffee chip ice cream (do you perceive a trend here?)

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: support lots of charities (medical, environmental, arts-related, animal rights, women’s rights…), redo my kitchen, maybe buy a horse

5. Three of my bad habits:
a. eating too much
b. getting stuck at the computer
c. complaining

6. Five places I have lived:
a. Jackson Heights, Borough of Queens, New York (when I was too little to remember)
b. Hackensack, New Jersey (where I grew up)
c. Rochester, New York (where I went to college)
d. In and around Paris, France (1970 – 1973)
e. In and around Washington, D.C. (1973 – present)

7. Five jobs I have had:
a. Care for and exercise Sonny Boy, a beautiful palomino horse (part-time after-school job in high school)
b. Teacher at the Ecole Active Bilingue, Paris
c. Teacher at the Club International Audiovisuel, Paris
d. Teacher, Curriculum Coordinator, and Assistant Director at the American Language Academy, Washington, DC
e. Teacher at the Maryland English Institute, U. of Maryland

8. People I want to know more about: Rita, Robert, Teresa, Dafne and Erika. If Erika and Robert will send me urls for their websites I will put up the links!

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM , Blogger Berta said...

Oh, dear Nina, I had written a long comment to your post and it disappeared when I clicked "publish" gggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Anyway, I loveeeed reading more about you and you can read more about the Meme game at
Hala´s page.

I lived in Jackson Heights, Queens, for three months in 1973. My father was working in N.Y. and I went to visit him and took an ESL course at Columbia before I started my undergraduate studies in Caracas.

Did you meet your husband in Paris? I bet your French in quite good. No wonder you enjoyed your trip to Paris two years ago when you met Moira, or was it three years ago????

Muchos cariños, your color twin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home