Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Digital Discipline

Wesley Fryer writes about "digital discipline"--the act of limiting the time one spends in the virtual world (he is specifically writing about Second Life but generally applying his idea to all computer and television use) in this post to his blog, Moving at the Speed of Creativity.

Fryer concludes that we need to consider how the time we spend in front of our computer screens is affecting our f2f relationships with family and friends. I constantly complain about how much time my daughter spends--or wants to spend--in front of a screen, yet I have to admit that I am nearly as addicted as she is!

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great observation Nina! I think I'm an internet addicted and I'm always in front of my computer, the article is about a serious problem because I feel I'm losing many other aspects of "real life".
I'll try to discipline better myself and my time, thank you.
Ester from Italy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home