Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Enhancing Lessons: Wednesday of Week 3

I never did get around to reflecting on Week 2; I guess it went by pretty quickly, and I was distracted by the startup of a new semester at the Maryland English Institute, where I teach. While I was otherwise engaged, our session grew to over 100 participants, with an active core of maybe 15-20 people who created their own blogs and posted regularly to our Yahoo Group. We had a heated discussion about the amount of detail one should include in a lesson plan, and on Saturday some of us met synchronously in a virtual classroom at Elluminate as well as in the Enhancing Lessons group room at Tapped In.

Week 3 focuses on the asynchronous voice tools Voice Thread and Chinswing, and Rita opened threads in both of these for all of us to contribute to:





P.S. On another note, I have returned to Second Life twice and have added some of the webheads as friends. I sat with Vance, in the guise of Webhead Link, in a couple of inner tubes on a lovely pond at Edunation II, surrounded by lovely flowering trees and singing birds (I like to log out leaving myself floating there, but when I log back in I find myself standing up in the pond with wet feet!). Vicki likes to take over my locomotion and has dumped me on roofs and into oceans, which she finds quite funny. I am wondering if it would be wise to create an avatar for her in the Teen section....

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nina,

How did you embed the Chinswing video? I haven't figured that maneuver out yet.

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Ha! I didn't embed it; I just posted a screenshot. No one was more surprised than I to find that when I click on it, it takes me to the site!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home