Saturday, February 03, 2007

Drowning in EVO

I just registered for Gliffy, a web-based application that enables users to create diagrams, flowcharts, etc. But when I tried to add my little diagram about nouns here, nothing showed up! :-( Then I tried to publish anyway even though the preview showed nothing. I got an error message. I told Blogger not to show the error message and published again. Bingo! I got an absolutely HUGE page with a tiny little diagram in it. So I went back to Gliffy and copied the code for a smaller image: http://www.gliffy.com/pubdoc/1152883/S.jpg Unfortunately, it doesn't show up in the blog! Grrrr.

I still haven't figured out how to deal with the fact that both count and noncount nouns can be definite or indefinite. Maybe I have to write those twice.

This has been my week to co-moderate BaW. Just keeping up with the emails on the YG has been very difficult to do. It didn't help that I had to be out three evenings (one teaching, two high school registration meetings) and Saturday morning (teaching). I actually felt as if I got less done--never got around to the readings, didn't post on the Forum--than in previous weeks. I had hoped to explore podcasting a little bit but I never did any experimenting at all. Maybe when EVO is over I will see if Carla will help me get started with that, since she has moved to Key West and isn't teaching for the moment.

Despite my frustration at not getting much done, I am enjoying all the new people in BaW07 and B4B (although I get confused about who is taking what--quite a few are taking both, as I am) and have enjoyed text and voice chats with Monica, Beyza, Marjan and several other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home