Thursday, January 11, 2007

WikiFrustration

I've just learned that running words together with a capital letter somewhere in the middle, as I have done above, is called (among many other things) CamelBack. I learned this because it is one way to create a new page on the wiki I am creating for my UMEI 005 class this semester. Today I spent a lot of time adding pages of handouts I have created on general topics, such as "Extra Listening Practice" and "How to Study Spelling" (actually that one isn't there yet). For each page, I added a link in the sidebar. However, the sidebar, which looks sort of okay in editing mode, looks completely different and very weird on the wiki itself--not at all like the one in the BaW07 wiki, for example. I can't figure out where I went wrong! I emailed Daf to ask for her help, which was very selfish of me, because Daf is up to her ears in EVOnline (which she is coordinating), BaW07 (which she is moderating) and her job (oh yeah! She's a university professor in her spare time!). Everyone I could think of to ask is busy getting ready for EVOnline at the moment. Only 4 more days!

2 Comments:

At 12:54 AM , Blogger Paul Beaufait said...

Hey, Nina!

I gleaned your blog address from a message you sent to the BloggingforBeginners list at Yahoo! (R) Groups for the TESOL EVO.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that both you and I have chosen the same theme for our Blogger blogs, and that we're both poking our heads into wikis.

You apparently went forward with a pbwiki, while I started in wikispaces. I chose a wikispace because it was supposed to come free with an Edublog.

What motivated you to choose pbwiki? How are you overcoming the frustration?

Cheers, Paul

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi, Paul,
I also opened an account at wikispaces but decided to go ahead with pbwiki because it is what the webheads are using for BaW and B4B, so I figured they must have a good reason! (maybe not)

I now have one pbwiki in WYSIWYG and another in Classic Editor.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home